Safety and Security Officer (National Position)
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job position- Safety and Security Officer
Work location– Maiduguri (All Field)
Reporting to-Security & safety Coordinator
Supervision of– Safety and Security Assistant/Guards
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Safety and Security Officer provides the security team with information and technical assistance, ensuring compliance to INTERSOS security risk management plan of all country’s operational offices. The position supports the security office in information gathering on safety and security.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
· Ensures reports and advisories are disseminated on a routine basis to all INTERSOS Field staff
· Plans, Prepares and Implements INTERSOS’s safety and security policies at office level.
· Prepares security and risk assessments to identify safety and security needs in new areas for implementation.
· In coordination with the Senior Management Team develops and implements training plans for all Field level staff, with a focus on safety awareness, hibernation, relocation and evacuation.
· Implements emergency procedures and drills when necessary.
· Collaborates with stakeholders regarding safety and security information.
· Compiles relevant information for the preparation of regular security updates and reports.
· Ensure vehicle and staff movements are monitored according to procedures and that necessary safety and security equipment are available and in good condition
· Coordinates staff movement in the field – with coordination of Security Coordinator or SFP at the field base offices.
· Ensures that all Field Level Crisis management plans are kept up to date and reviewed regularly.
· University Degree in any field, preferably in Security Management.
· Minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience implementing Safety & Security within similar fragile background/familiarity in an emergency context.
· Strategic Communicator
· Result oriented individual
· A good sense of humour is an asset
· Ability to work under stress
· Conversant with software MS, Excel and Powerpoint.
· Excellent communication skills- English both oral and written,
· Ability to speak Local languages in Borno, North Eastern Nigerian (Kanuri a plus)
· Highly motivated, flexible, reliable and trustworthy.
How to Apply
Interested candidates should complete this form and attach CV with the following format “Surname Position you applied for”. ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
Application deadline: apply no later than 28th February 2020 at 4:00 PM.
INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment.