Food Security Field Officer (National Position)
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below:
Job position- Food Security Field Officer
Work location– Magumeri
Reporting to– Food Security Field Coordinator
Supervision of– Field Monitors
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The Food Security Field Officer coordinates the Food Security distribution activities at field location within the framework of the WFP project, ensuring that food commodities are delivered to the targeted beneficiaries and the commodities are well accounted for. S/he ensures all activities are done in line with the donor requirements and these activities are achieved in a timely and efficient manner.
Tasks and Main Responsibilities
· Manages Food Security distributions and other related activities at field level.
· Participates in primary level information gathering in the field, which may include Assessment, SCOPE registration, targeting etc.
· Provides field level distribution and CBT (cash-based transfer) reports to the Food Security Field Coordinator, as required;
· Maintains project efficiency and effectiveness; targeting the beneficiaries that are most vulnerable and most in need.
· Supports the team to define the implementing methodology, to organize training, to define and implement a realistic working plan, to set up Food Security monitoring, assessment, verification processes.
· In coordination with the FS field coordinator, contributes to the management of the project team through the definition of responsibilities, evaluation of technical capacities and training/capacity building according to donors’ cash and vouchers approaches.
· Ensures timely communication with field and effective coordination with other food security partners in Borno state.
· Implements other tasks as might be required with relation to the INTERSOS Country Program in Nigeria.
· Ensures adherence to INTERSOS policies, guidance and procedures at field level by all Food Security Project staff;
· And any other assigned job by the Project Managers/HOB
· Bachelor degree in social sciences, international relations, economic or any similar diploma
· Minimum of 2 years in humanitarian work “desirable”
· Previous food security project work experience
· Strong interpersonal and team-building skills and excellence as a team player.
· Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint presentation etc.)
· Strong sense of responsibility, methodical and accurate with high organizational skills
· Honesty and integrity and able to cope with stressful situations.
· Hardworking, discipline and trustworthy
· Flexibility & adaptability-Willingness to deploy to the newly liberated local government areas.
· Basic knowledge about humanitarian principles
· Fluency in English, Kanuri and Hausa will be considered a plus
How to Apply
Interested candidates should complete this form and attach CV with the following format “Surname Position you applied for”. ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
Application deadline: apply no later than 28th February 2020 at 4:00 PM.
INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment.