Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by a leading Nigerian industrial conglomerate, operating in the Oil&Gas sector, FMCG sector and construction industry.
The Company is looking for a Senior Chief Accountant for its Head office in Lagos.
The Chief Accountant will have to control and manage the day-to-day accounts transactions. He will be expected to prepare monthly Management Accounts and annual Financial Returns. He will interface with Company’s Management, SBU Managements and Nigeria Authorities
He will report to the Finance Manager
The position is based in Lagos.
* Control and manage the day-to-day accounts transactions
* Reconcile accounts with debtors, creditors and Group companies
* Ensure compliance with Company’s accounts and administration procedures
* Liaise with other Company’s departments to ensure smooth interaction with Accounts Department
* Control the bank movements and their reconciliation with bank statements.
* Control the cash movements (Head Office & SBU) and conduct surprise cash counts
* Look after the Companies interests regarding Nigerian authorities and external auditors
* Produce monthly Management Accounts and clarify same with SBU
* Assist external auditors in their task of auditing the Company
* Produce annual financial reports
* Monitor changes in legislation and publications regarding accountancy and financial matters
* Assist in the preparation of standardized accounting procedures in the Company.
* Deputize for the Finance & Administration Manager when he is not available
Qualifications et experience
* “Chartered Accountant” with working experience in an international group or financial institution
* Knowledge of business laws, legal codes, government regulations
* Have advanced computer skills specifically in Microsoft Excel and ERP Systems
* Be self-motivated and self-directed, able and willing to take initiative
* Demonstrate the energy level, authority, professionalism and honesty required of a fully committed and effective Chief Accountant in Nigeria.
* Interested in long-term employment.
* Strong accounting ability must be proven including profound knowledge of Nigerian tax laws, foreign exchange regulations and labour laws
* Must be experienced in preparation of monthly management accounts and annual financial reports including the handling of internal and external audits
* Must demonstrate an ability to communicate at all levels and show leadership skills.
* Must be able to communicate effectively with clients, creditors and Nigerian authorities.
What is on offer
If your experience, personal characteristics and qualifications meet the position specifications and your personal objectives are to seek such a challenge, then we would like to hear from you with details of your current earnings, up to date CV and explanation as to why your achievements to date fit you for consideration.