|HRLeverage delivers excellent spectrum of HR Business solutions and strategic management support services. In line with our business partnering strategies, We are currently recruiting for our client in the marine/ engineering sector needs Marine engineer.
The Engineer will be working in Port Harcourt, Nigeria and must have the knowledge of the design, installation, inspection and maintenance of the propulsion systems, engines, pumps and other pieces of technical equipment that make up boats and vessels .
|1. Plan the design and oversee testing, installation, and repair of marine apparatus and equipment.
2. Act as liaisons between ships’ captains and shore personnel to ensure that schedules and budgets are maintained, and that ships are operated safely and efficiently
3. Perform analytical, environmental, operational, or performance studies in order to develop designs for products, such as marine engines, equipment, and structures.
4. Prepare, or direct the preparation of, product or system layouts and detailed drawings and schematics.
5. Evaluate operation of marine equipment during acceptance testing and shakedown cruises.
6. Analyze data in order to determine feasibility of product proposals.
7. Determine conditions under which tests are to be conducted, as well as sequences and phases of test operations.
8. Maintain and coordinate repair of marine machinery and equipment for installation on vessels.
9. Inspect marine equipment and machinery in order to draw up work requests and job specifications.
10. Act as liaisons between ships’ captains and shore personnel in order to ensure that schedules and budgets are maintained, and that ships are operated safely and efficiently.
11. Check, test, and maintain automatic controls and alarm systems.
12. Maintain records of engineering department activities, including expense records and details of equipment maintenance and repairs.
13. Perform monitoring activities in order to ensure that ships comply with international regulations and standards for life saving equipment and pollution preventatives.
14. Schedule machine overhauls and the servicing of electrical, heating, ventilation, refrigeration, water, and sewage systems.
15. Supervise other engineers and crew members, and train them for routine and emergency duties
|QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE|
|· 7-10 years experience.
·Experience in dry docking, offshore, shipyard work.
·Nigerian Nationals only
|SKILLS AND ATTITUDINAL APPLICABLE|
|· Technical knowledge of marine equipment and vessels.
· Experienced in ship repair and maintenance.
· BSc in Marine Engineering or equivalent.
· Commitment to integrity and organizational standards/ethics
All applications should be sent to resume@HRLeverageAfrica.com