Evaluation Consultant-Somalia, Uganda, Sudan, Nigeria and Kenya
AidFacilitator works globally to generate innovative strategies to reduce poverty and inequalities and collaborate with development partners to establish a strong network to move the development agenda forward. AidFacilitator represents a group of lead experts in the field of health, education, poverty alleviation, disaster management, child development, environment, human resource management, project management, monitoring and evaluation, survey, research, policy analysis. AidFacilitator provides facilitative support and service to international NGOs, International development consulting companies, UN agencies, government to work in India and South Asia. Our unique approach helps you go beyond the limits of traditional philanthropy to create remarkable impact. Wherever you are in your philanthropic journey, you’ll have the independent ideas, advice, and services you need to be more effective.
AidFacilitator is seeking nine evaluation consultants in African region ( Democratic Republic of Congo, Ethiopia, Kenya, Nigeria, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan and Uganda) to support its anticipated evaluation projects from an European agency. This position may involve some travel within the region.
- Serve as project coordinator for Africa evaluation projects—overseeing program evaluation, administrative, contractual, and financial aspects of projects
- Work with the Finance Department to track project spending and provide periodic financial forecasts
- Maintain project databases
- Ensure that projects comply with policies and procedures
- Serve as proposal coordinator; research and write sections of project proposals
- Tailor contract templates for consultants, subcontractors, and clients
- Handle logistics for consultant and staff travel, relocation, and project events
- Search consultant database to identify consultants; enter consultant CVs in the consultant database for evaluation
- Manage project deliverable and write evaluation reports
- Conduct research or data analysis and prepare draft reports (or inputs) for senior staff or project consultants
- Make field visit in the project location to oversees the evaluation work.
- Master degree in social science, development studies, international development/affairs, economics, or related field
- A minimum of five years of experience in a project role relevant to the international development field
- Relevant overseas work or internship experience in Africa
- Experience with USAID-funded and /or other donor-funded projects strongly preferred
- Strong analytical and computer skills, including spreadsheet and financial tracking
- Person must be based in Africa
- Prior experience working in the region
- Ability to multitask and work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal skills (you will interact with employees, consultants, partners, clients, subcontractors, and vendors)
- Strong writing skills, which will be assessed during the hiring process