Within the Support Services Division, the Finance & Human Resources Department is responsible for budgets, accounting and internal control as well as human resources planning and management. The Department is to provide services related to managing the human and financial resources of the Organization. Within the Department, the Finance Section is responsible for all financial matters and financial control functions at the Secretariat and ensuring financial integrity of the Organization as stipulated in the Financial Regulations.
Objective of Position:
The Finance Officer is responsible for financial matters and financial control functions at the Secretariat, ensuring financial integrity of the Organization in accordance with the objectives of the Section. He/she is to plan and manage financial resources of the Secretariat efficiently as well as to manage the work programme of the Section and to supervise and guide its staff.
- Performs financial planning and cash management ensuring efficient and effective utilization of resources;
- Coordinates the budget preparation in conformity with the guidelines and monitors the implementation of the budget;
- Prepares reports and presentations on financial matters to the Management and the Board of Governors;
- Checks and controls all payments received and records transactions;
- Manages the working process and supervises staff of the Section;
- Manages the investment of liquid funds;
- Provides support and information to the Internal and External Auditors.
Required Competencies and Qualifications:
- University degree in Accounting/Finance;
- Advanced degree preferred.
- University degree: 10 years in accounting, finance and budgeting
- Advanced degree: 8 years
- Accounting (Managerial Accounting, Financial Accounting)
- Finance (Financial Management preferred)
- Cost & Benefits Analysis / Budgeting
- Computer Accounting System
- Managerial & leadership skills
- Communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Customer service orientation
- Team-building skills
Status and Benefits:
Members of the Secretariat are international employees whose responsibilities are not national but exclusively international. In carrying out their functions they have to demonstrate the personal qualities expected of international employees such as integrity, independence and impartiality.
The post is at grade D reporting to the Head of Finance & Human Resources Department. The compensation package, including expatriate benefits, is commensurate with the level of the post.
Applicants must be nationals of Member Countries of OPEC and should not be older than 58 years.
Applicants are requested to fill in a résumé and an application form which can be received from their Country’s Governor for OPEC.
In order for applications to be considered, they must reach the OPEC Secretariat through the relevant Governor not later than 15 January 2018.