Jumia is Africa’s leading internet group, with already over 3,000 employees in more than 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia, Jumia Travel, Jumia Food, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Jobs and Jumia Services. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom, Rocket Internet, Axa, Orange, Goldman Sachs & CdC.
We are currently looking for talented people with a passion for emerging markets and Africa to join our team and embark on our exciting journey.
Jumia Food is an online food ordering site that allows consumers to conveniently order meals of their choice from their preferred restaurants, and have them delivered straight to their home / office.
As Social Media Associate, your responsibility is to build engagement and brand equity with current as well as new followers on social media platforms and generate revenue.
In particular, you will:
- Growing Jumia’s organic social media reach and online audience engagement in NigeriaImplementing and translating the marketing and PR strategies to social media
- Creating and contributing to social media strategy and content development plans
- Conceptualizing, brainstorming and creating engaging, informative, relevant and viral-worthy content across Jumia social media handles and blogs.
- Contributing to content and script development for social media videos and product reviews.Posting to Jumia social media channels including but not limited to twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, blog.
- Interacting with online Jumia community real time including creating and appearing in live videos
- Generating and responding to online conversations and email enquiries on behalf of Jumia.Monitoring Jumia social media mentions and recommending strategic and timely responses as needed
- Building a monthly social media engagement report for all our social media handles.
- Other tasks may include assisting the content development team with writing, brainstorming, creating and implementing the content and engagement roadmap for all services and countries
Required Skill & Qualification
- BSc Communications/Journalism/Marketing or any other social science degree
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in a fast-paced corporate environment preferably in a similar role
- Copy-writing experience a plus
- Good knowledge of the Online Marketplace and the Ecommerce Industry
- Passion for social media and ability to research and keep up with evolutions
- A unique experience in an entrepreneurial, yet structured environment
- The opportunity to become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures