Computer Software Programmer
RwandAir Limited is the flag carrier of the Republic of Rwanda. It operates domestic and international services to Africa, Asia, Europe and the Middle East from its main base at Kigali International Airport. Our mission is to provide unsurpassed, safe and reliable services in air transportation, including strategically linking Rwanda with the outside world, while ensuring a fair return on investment. As part of the expansion strategy we are looking for interested, qualified and competent candidates to fill the following position:
1. Job Title: Computer Software Programmer
2. Reports to: Senior Manager Distribution and Automation
3. Location: Kigali International Airport
4. Job PurposeThe Computer Software Programmer is responsible to design, develop, deliver and maintain software programs for the benefit of RwandAir.
5. Duties and Responsibilities.
- Researching, designing, implementing and managing software programs
- Testing and evaluating new programs
- Identifying areas for modification in existing programs and subsequently developing these modifications
- Writing and implementing efficient code
- Determining operational practicality
- Developing quality assurance procedures
- Deploying software tools, processes and metrics
- Maintaining and upgrading existing systems
- Training users
- Working closely with other developers, UX designers, business and systems analysts
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English.
6. Desired Profile: Required education, Experience and Abilities.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field
- Strong understanding of fundamental database concepts sql and nosql database
- Strong knowledge of API and standards such as Message Queue, soap (WSDL and WS_Security) and Rest (oauth1 and oauth2).
- Deep understanding of applicable unit and integration testing, and testing frameworks/libraries
- Experience working with Unix/Linux environments
- Strong ability to problem-solve, debug, and understand pertinent performance metrics
- Comfort working within AGILE methodologies and experienced in estimation and time management
- Awareness of the capabilities of applicable languages/frameworks/libraries
7. How to apply:
- An application letter addressed to Ag. Human Resources Director.
- Recent Curriculum Vitae.
- Relevant certificates;
- A photocopy of national identity card;
- One passport photos.
- Three referees.
The deadline for submitting application documents is February 18th, 2020 at 4pm local time at the front desk of our head office located at Kigali International Airport Main Terminal Building Top Floor.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.Accepted payments