Malteser International has been working in what is now South Sudan since 1996 – above all in health. In recent years, the original focus on training of human resources in health, the care of patients with tuberculosis and the provision of primary health care has been shifted towards neglected tropical diseases. Preventive programs in WASH and food and nutrition security (FNS) had been added as complementary focus in the country program.
Objectives of the security assessment:
To improve the safety and security conditions for Malteser International staff and operations in South Sudan.
- Assess and review the current safety and security setting for Malteser International staff as well as country office in Juba and project location Wau
- Develop a safety and security concept for Malteser International in South Sudan, in alignment with local requirements, including consideration of Malteser International partners and visitors to South Sudan
- Develop TORs and requirements for a local security advisor in South Sudan
- Assess training needs of expat and local staffconcerning safety and security
- Conduct a security trainings for expat and local staff
- Develop specific location evacuation plans according to the assessment results
- Provide recommendations to Malteser International Headquarters based in Germany for suitable backing of safety and security for Malteser in South Sudan
For more information, please see the Terms of Reference.
The assessment is expected to take place between 16th to 26th of January 2018. The timeframe will be 8 to 10 days.
- Solid qualification and NGO expertise in safety and security related operations
- Relevant working experience in the South Sudan
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Professionalism – Excellent skills in information collection and analysis procedures with a view to recognizing potential threats and danger
- Planning and organizing – Excellent planning and organizational skills including the production of policy and procedure papers supporting project operations in the country of operations
- Communication – Ability to provide instructions clearly and concisely both orally and in writing. A high sense of discretion and integrity when dealing with sensitive information
- Judgment and Decision Making – High degree of responsibility, initiative, alertness, physical fitness, emotional stability, the ability to prioritize a heavy work load and to delegate accordingly. Demonstrates sound judgment in security operation and information management skills
- Client Orientation – Professional attitude and the ability to build successful working relationships. Demonstrate an integrated approach and attitude through normal work activities and a thorough understanding of our clients’ needs in the country of operation
- Technology Awareness – High standard of computer literacy and an excellent knowledge of security information related liaison and analysis
Tenders and Evaluation Management
Bids must include:
- Narrative Offer including description of methodology and work plan
- Financial Offer
- Information on previous experiences including CV and references
- Information on availability for the assignment
How to Apply:
Bids should be submitted electronically to Malteser International by the closing date of 10th December 2017.
COB to: Daniela Krings, Program Manager South Sudan at Daniela.Krings@malteser-international.org