NRC is currently looking for a highly skilled and experienced Head of Support for its Country Office in Maiduguri, Nigeria.
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: Dedication, Innovation, Inclusivity and Accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
Since 2009, violent attacks on civilians by the armed group Boko Haram have left widespread devastation in northeast Nigeria. At least 17,000 people have been killed and approximately two million people are displaced within Nigeria. More than 14 million people in northeast Nigeria today are affected by the crisis caused by Boko Haram. Out of these, seven million people are in need of humanitarian assistance. Around 92 per cent of displaced people reside in either informal settlements or with low-income host communities, creating a strain on already limited resources. The remaining 8 per cent live in more formalised camps. NRC has been in Nigeria since 2015.
About the role
The purpose of the Head of Support position is to ensure that all support functions are providing high quality and efficient support for programme implementation.
- Line management for support managers including Finance, HR & Admin and Logistics and ICT
- Member of the Country Management Group (CMG)
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and handbooks and donor/auditor requirements
- Facilitate the support functions strategic input to the development of the Country Strategy and Plan of Action
- Provide input on operational support in proposal development, and to coordinate and align operational support with programme plans
- Responsible for ensuring quality and timely support to project implementation.
- Facilitate the Master Support Budget, country level budgets and BPO development, including assess and monitor costs and resource allocation needs
- Responsible for the strategic development of country structures, technical systems, human resource capacity and allocation
- Responsible for development of new country specific technical SOPs, guidelines and tools
- Responsible for organisational learning related to programme support
- Responsible for technical capacity building of support staff
- Oversee the final stages of the second area office roll out – ensuring all support functions are in line with COOP. Ensure all associated SoPs and processes are updated and fully implemented
- Lead the country office’s efforts to ensure cost effective delivery of all support functions identifying opportunities for cost savings and new and effective ways of working adapted to the changing operational landscape
- Guide and support the overhaul of NRC Nigeria’s approach to capacity building and training for the national workforce in order to support the country office’s nationalization efforts
- Ensure NRC Nigeria continues its investment in compliance functions, ensuring the country delivers programmes with the highest adherence to donor and NRC global compliance standards
- Lead the Country Office’s investment in NRC Global strategic priorities as they relate to support functions and in particular a) A good place to work for and B) usage of modern technologies for more efficient delivery.
- Lead ongoing efforts to improve data management, visualization and data protection. Ensure support departments adhere to improved data management systems and ensure information is shared, accessible and used for decision making across support functions and programmes
- Development and implementation of in-country policies, and strategies related to financial management, risk management, budgeting and funds management
- Technical development and continuous adaptation of NRC’s financial and logistics management systems, procedures and tools through innovation, in close cooperation with other departments, donors, NGO partners, and Regional Office.
Critical interfaces – Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Budgets: Area Managers, Head of Programme, Regional and Global Finance, Country Director
- Strategy: CC Specialists, Head of program
- Policies and SOPs: HO in Oslo and region
- Programmatic operations support: Area Managers
Scale and scope of position
- Reports to: Country Director
- Staff:4 directly and 60 + indirectly / technically
- Stakeholders: Lawyer, Suppliers, Consultants
- Budgets: Yes, budget holder
- Information: Agresso
- Legal or compliance: Logistics, HR and Finance Handbooks.
Required generic professional competencies for this position:
- Minimum 4 years’ experience from a senior management position in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Allocation of resources and costs expertise
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Knowledge about own leadership skills/profile
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
Required context specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Prior experience in the oversight of support functions in medium to large size country offices (200 + staff)
- Demonstrated experience in compliance and development of support system a value add
- Contract: 1 year fixed term contract (renewable provided good performance and funding)
- Start date: Latest October 1st 2019
- Duty Station: Maiduguri, Nigeria
- Designation of duty station: Non-family duty station
- Designation of position: non-accompanied position
- Travels: up to 40% to be expected
- Salary: Grade 11 according to NRC’s salary grid and compensation and benefits policy
How to Apply
Application process: Please apply directly through NRC’s website under the vacancies section at : https://www.nrc.no/vacancies/
Or directly at the folowing link: https://www.webcruiter.no/wcmain/advertviewpublic.aspx?oppdragsnr=4113815325&company_id=23109900&Link_source_id=&use_position_site_header=0&culture_id=EN
Application deadline: August 25th 2019