UOP Nigeria Business Development Engineer – Sales
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
UOP is a subsidiary of Honeywell International Inc., a US-based Fortune 100 diversified technology and manufacturing leader not affiliated with The Honeywell Group of Nigeria companies’
UOP is an international supplier of process technology, products, engineered systems and technical services to the petroleum refining, petrochemical, gas processing and energy industries and is a leader in the research and development of petroleum
and petrochemical processing. Our broad objectives center on the continual development and improvement of petroleum
refining, petrochemical, gas production, energy and chemical production technology.
There is an immediate opening for a Business Development Engineer in the Process Technology and Equipment (PT&E) Sales Department. This position will be based in Lagos, Nigeria.
Initially supporting and assisting the activities of the Lagos-based Business Development Manager, the objective of the holder of this position is to grow into customer-facing role with direct account responsibilities. The Lagos-based Business Development/Sales team provides the necessary customer coverage, relationship management and commercial and technical positioning of UOP process technology and equipment to ensure optimum market share in the region of West and Central Africa. The team requires flexibility, innovation and sensitivity to client needs and to delivery of value. The Lagos Business
Development /sales team will provide extensive support to all Business Units within UOP.
Candidates should have a sound technical background, ideally in the refining, gas processing and/or petrochemical industry and be motivated towards meeting customer needs and achieving sales success and contributing effectively to the meeting of business unit profitability and volume.
- Developing a clear understanding of all the Refining, Petrochemicals and Gas Processing customers in the region, in
particular with respect to their business drivers, buying behaviours and decisionmaking structures.
- Developing and maintaining good long-term relationships with key customer personnel, as well as with local
representatives and key personnel within relevant engineering contractors and
industry consulting groups.
- Supporting the Sales organization to achieve its sales revenue and margin targets.
- Helping to position relevant process technologies with customers and equipment with a view to ensuring UOP’s success
as well as maximizing sales revenue.
- Contributing to the development of strategies for complex sales prospects in consultation with sales management,
sales support groups, and the other SBU’s whose products or services are involved.
- Preparing won/lost reports for all sales events.
- Preparing commercial agreements.
- Forecasting sales revenues for the accountable region on a monthly basis.
- Managing and expediting accounts receivables for assigned customers.
- Implementing customer plans and maintaining customer contact records in conjunction with the other SBU’s.
- Assisting in identifying and communicating cross-SBU project opportunities to the relevant SBU.
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Chemical engineering / Petroleum engineering
- 1 to 3 years Maximum experience in Refineries or O & G/ Petrochemical industry
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Effective communication skills – verbal, writing and representational
- Ability to manage own activities/time and work both independently and in team structures
- willingness to travel
- Significant computer literacy
- Knowledge of key sales concepts, practices, and procedures
- Experience in a technical business development/sales role.
- Knowledge of UOP Technologies and Engineered Products.
- Ability to use experience to appropriately apply the established standards
- Demonstrated ability to attain sales quotas/targets
- Prior industry experience
- Category: Sales
- Location: 5th floor, 39 Alfred Rewane Road, Ikoyi, Lagos NGA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.