Fleet Officer at IMC Nigeria
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
International Medical Corps is therefore looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of
Fleet Officer to be based in Maiduguri.
Position: Nigerian nationals only
To provide quality logistic support for all IMC project sites in Nigeria, work with other members of the logistics team to develop and implement efficient logistical support systems for IMC
- To work closely with Supply Chain Coordinator to ensure optimal utilization of vehicles & generators Assets in line with IMC standards of vehicle & generator management and accountability.
- To correctly implement established systems to regulate the use of vehicles, and generators. Plan/develop and execute a vehicle and equipment replacement schedule
- To ensure that all staff are aware of IMC rules and regulations for vehicle usage and that all drivers (IMC or contracted) are competent and conversant with IMC security guidelines.
- Work with the Security Advisor and logistic cluster partners on activities related to dispatching, routing, and tracking vehicles.
- Responsible for accurate and timely reporting of any accidents (minor and major) to Supply Chain Coordinator as per IMCs policies and procedures.
- To implement the vehicle and Generators Fueling and maintenance schedules and ensures that repairs are carried out as per the agreed standards for both IMC fleet & hired vehicles. Ensure accountability and cost effectiveness in Fuel management and report any abuse.
- Prepare monthly vehicle & generator running reports for the country and advice management accordingly. Prepare input for Key Performance Indicators.
- Responsible for Fleet vehicle insurance and Advice on disposal of vehicles
- Contribute to proper updating of asset register concerning fleet, and generators in the country.
- Monitor fleets’ performance, cost, efficiency, status and report according to Supply Chain Coordinator.
- Ensure proper legal registration at first stage & regular renewal for all IMC and Hired Vehicles.
- To manage staff under his/her supervision according to performance management principles and in line with IMC performance management and Contribute in recruitment of staff.
- Willingness to travel to project sites in country for technical advice, support and training.
Code of Conduct
It is our shared responsibility and obligation to prevent matters involving Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, trafficking in Persons, Child Safeguarding and any suggested violation to our Code of Conduct, which may involve Conflicts of Interest, Fraud, Corruption or Harassment. If you see, hear or are made aware of any suggested activities then you have an obligation to report.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within IMC and amongst beneficiaries served by IMC.
- Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Qualifications and Experience
· National Diploma in Mechanical/Automotive Engineering with a Minimum of 5 years work Experience or a Degree in Mechanical/Automotive Engineering Coupled with a Minimum of 2 years work Experience.
· Professional certificates desired. (Trade Certification)
· At least four 3-year experience in logistics with a minimum two years managing a fleet within an NGO or International Organisation.
· Proven experience and knowledge of operational logistics & supply chain, policies & procedures
· Good command of English. Proven ability to communicate effectively internally and externally, both orally and in writing
· Initiative and active problem-solving skills
· Proven training and capacity building experience
· Proficiency in the use of computers (Excel and Word)
· Strong ability to pay attention to detail. Good organizational and planning skills
· Ability to work and handle pressure & Strong team player.
· International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.
How to Apply
Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
All applications should be addressed to the Human Resource Coordinator, International Medical Corps via the email: [email protected]
Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered.
Deadline for submission is August 9th, 2019