Directorate/Cluster: Federation Development
|Position: Accountability, Planning and Reporting Lead|
|Location: GS Hub Office/AA Country office|
|The overall objective of the position is to provide leadership and establish a financial planning & reporting system solution, standardize financial planning & reporting processes, develop global annual plans, progress reviews and annual reports for the federation. The successful incumbent will be a high achiever and will work alongside a highly
focused team and will partner with stakeholders to ensure financial planning & reporting requirements are met.
What you will do
- Manage and enable efficient and effective integrated federation planning, reporting and accountability processes and systems.
- Provide leadership in review and development of appropriate and user-friendly tools, design and methodologies that are agile and aligned across the federation working closely with relevant GS units.
- Manage the delivery of the GS and federation reporting accountabilities both internally & externally.
- Facilitate external engagement and build networks, benchmarking with planning and reporting thinking with peer organisations to improve federation internal practice and processes.
- Monitor and evaluate the accountability, planning and reporting processes and project, manage projects on specific system improvements required, by identifying and utilising cross teams/resources.
- Promote and develop mechanisms that will contribute to the improvement of transparency and accountability in the federation.
- Collaborate with other key stakeholders to ensure promotion of accountability frameworks and initiatives.
Education, Language & Qualifications
- A recognised Finance or Business degree.
- Substantial understanding of financial planning & reporting processes coupled with the ability and desire to provide “hands-on” experience.
Desired behaviours and competencies
- Superior analytical ability and excellent numerical skills, with a strong focus on accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proven experience and ability to work to tight deadlines with a drive for results.
- Ability to interpret and analyze data accurately and efficient.
- Resilient and flexible self-starter with high level of initiative, drive with strong communication both written and verbal.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team across locations
- Ability to work in a multicultural context/environment, engage in social justice activism/advocacy and demonstrate innovative practices.To be considered for this role, you must be able to provide proof of right to work in the specific country of interest. You are also requested to highlight in the motivation letter how specifically you meet the criteria for this role. If you do not meet all the essential criteria, please don’t apply as we only invite candidates for an interview if they meet all of the essential criteria listed on the job description. In addition, your application will be stronger if you meet at least most of the desirable criteria.
If you are interested and meet the criteria, send your CV and motivation cover letter to [email protected]by 9th August 2019.