DIRECTORATE: Resource Mobilisation and Innovation
Position: Grants and Compliance Manager – Partnership for Social Accountability (PSA) Alliance
Duration: Fixed term contract for 1 Year – part-time (50%)
Location: Global Secretariat Hub Office (Nairobi or Johannesburg)
Salary: Grade D – National terms and conditions of Country will apply
Working in over 45 countries under a federation structure, ActionAid International helps people to use their own power to fight poverty and injustice. Because that’s how real change happens – for women, for communities, for whole societies.
Basic position description:
The Grants and Compliance Manager will promote efficient use and safety of organisation resources through producing quality compliance and risk management reports, providing guidance to the five PSA Alliance project countries (Malawi, Mozambique, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe) on contract management, set up/partner compliance management, support external audits and close out processes and guide relevant staff on donor (SDC) grant rules and compliance issues including downstream partner capacity building and monitoring.
The successful candidate will recommend enhancement of financial and operation systems (Internal controls), monitoring any co-financing risk, internal reforecasting management, tracking donor contract income, expenditure and reporting. In addition, the incumbent will:
1. Provide technical advice to ensure adherence to the grant specific rules, regulations and procurement standards.
2. To devise and support implementation of institutional funding systems and processes;
3. Technical guidance and support in preparing for and managing donor led and external audits including legal and contractual advice;
4. Support donor grant management capacity development through development of materials for and delivery to PSA project inception workshops at regional and national levels, online training, support for implementing partner capacity building and other support as required; and
5. Track, document and disseminate donor reporting requirements and provide technical compliance review before submission.
You must have a relevant degree possessing at least 4 years of progressive professional experience, inclusive of grants management. Excellent knowledge of institutional donor rules (EU/DFID/ECHO/USAID/SDC), regulations, financial control procedures and risk management. You will be comfortable providing clear guidance on donor procedures, reports and audits to other staff and will have been involved in setting up and managing donor compliance monitoring systems. Strong communication, negotiation and organisational skills are also essential in this role.
If you have the skills, motivation and technical knowledge to drive effective grant management at ActionAid please send your CV and motivation cover letter by 16 August 2019 to [email protected].
To be considered for this role, you must be able to provide proof of right to work in Nairobi or Joburg. You are also requested to highlight in the motivation letter how specifically you meet the criteria for this role. If you do not meet all the essential criteria, please don’t apply as we only invite candidates for an interview if they meet all of the essential criteria listed on the job description. In addition, your application will be stronger if you meet at least some of the desirable criteria.
Due to high volumes of applications received, should you not have received feedback on your application within one months from the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful. We reserve the right to withdraw any of our vacancies at any time.