Skillpool group: Discipline Engineering
Reference ID: 117358BR
The Deep Water Projects [DWP] is a fast-growing organization and a centre of excellence for Deepwater project delivery within the Gulf of Guinea. In its drive to consistently achieve very successful project delivery, there is the need to fill the position of Naval Architecture/Mooring/Riser Engineer.
The Global Performance Engineer will report directly to the Head, Offshore Structures, Hull, Riser and Mooring (OHRM) part of Civil Offshore Pipeline (COP) discipline and will be responsible for carrying out Global performance of floating systems, Analysis and design of Risers and mooring systems and associated systems in current and future projects in the DWP organization, assessment and assurance of integrity of existing riser and associated systems from assets. She/he will be responsible for providing engineering, co-ordination and professional skills to assigned projects related to producing assets of green field projects.
Job Role Summary
The Deepwater Global Performance Engineer is responsible for naval architectural, mooring and station keeping aspects of FPSO and analysis of risers for deep water Shell Nigeria region. The role would include into front end engineering and tender documentation preparation, and continue through detailed engineering, procurement, construction, systems completion and start-up. The Global performance engineer participate in contract support efforts. General interest activity in the upstream centralized engineering organization may also be expected, including technology development, vendor engagement, industry participation, workflow development, global production unit support, riser and/or flowline integrity management programming. Longer term, the Global performance Engineer will be given opportunity to broaden technical, business, influence and leadership skills based on interest, business need, and performance.
- Assurance review of floating systems, mooring, station keeping aspects, riser and flowline design documents including reports, studies, drawings, specifications and datasheets to ensure they meet project requirements and comply with applicable company guidelines, International Codes and Standards.
- Ensure the timely closure of outstanding engineering issues including mooring station keeping, mooring hardware, riser structural design, buckling and walking design, other mechanical design issues, flexible integrity risks and geohazards.
- Support the review of engineering deviations and clarifications.
- Ensure the management of engineering design changes handling, tracking and closure of all actions to and from subcontractor
- Support other engineering activities as directed by projects including risk assessments, HAZOPs, integrity management and repair strategies, collection of pipeline lessons and experiences.
- Clear understanding of Mooring and Riser industry guidelines from classification agencies and local governing bodies
- Understanding global and component mechanical design and use of material selection into the design, engineering critical analysis, strength and fatigue check