ActionAid Nigeria is supporting communities to build resilience against violent extremism in partnership with other relevant stakeholders to tackle radicalization and violent extremism in Nigeria but with a specific focus on Kogi State, through system and structure strengthening approach against radicalization to violent extremism.
ActionAid is an anti-poverty agency that prioritises work with the poor and excluded; promoting values and commitment in civil society, institutions and governments with the aim of achieving structural changes in order to eradicate injustices and poverty in the world. ActionAid Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, an International Non-Governmental organisation registered in The Netherlands with its headquarters in Johannesburg South Africa. ActionAid International works in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and America.
In line with the project objective, ActionAid Nigeria is requesting interested bidders to submit quotations for the supply and installation of the following items:
Items for bidding:
- To supply and install three (3) sets of Cassava Processing Mill equipment such as: Stainless Gratters, Pressers, Mechanical Sieve with diesel engine of 8 horse power, Bag sewing machine, Weighing Scale, Communal fryer with chimney and other components of the machines required during and after installation;
- To supply one (1) Rice processing mill with mechanical boiler installed with Burn bricks and diesel engine with a capacity that can comfortably power all the equipment, Dry/separator/peeling machine, rice thresher (most times multipurpose), Blower, Destoner, Conveyer belt, Bag sewing machine, weighing scale and other components of the machine required during and after installation;
- To supply and install three (3) sets of Grain Processing Mill (Maize) equipment such as: Pre Cleaner or Winnower, Hammer Mill, other components of the machines required during and after installation;
- To supply and install one (1) equipment required for Bread processing equipment such as : Medium sized oven, Medium milling machine with 5HP electric motor, Stainless Mixer (2 bags capacity), Improving chamber single unit (capacity : 150 dough), Bread slicing machine, 10kg Blender, 15 KVA Generator 3 phase, Extractor fan;
- To supply and install a set of Block Molding equipment such as: Cement block moulding machine, Water pump, other components of the machines (head pans, shovels, hose etc), Generator (diesel powered).
- Installation of one cassava processing mill each in Osara, Ofuloko and Osaragada Communities in Kogi State
- Installation of one Rice processing mill in Okpakpata community, Kogi State
- Installation of one Maize milling machine each in Zango, Ofuloko and Okpakpata Communities in Kogi State
- Installation of one bread processing mill in Osara community, Kogi State
- Installation of a block molding machine in Aku community, Kogi State
Timeline: The contract will be for a period of Twenty (20) working days.
- An organization/company profile addressing the following requirement: experience in supply, installation and training on cassava, rice and maize milling equipment as well as block molding machine.
- Proof of Business Registration, Tax Identification Number, Functional Bank Account Details and Evidence of previous work done with references
Interested and qualified organisation/company that meets the requirements should submit its quotation alongside all necessary documents in a wax sealed envelope boldly marked at the top left corner: ‘RE: Call for bidding: Supply and Installation of Livelihood Equipment‘ addressed to:
The Procurement Chairperson
ActionAid Nigeria Office
Plot 477, 41 Crescent off Sa’adu Zungur Avenue
FCT – Abuja
Payment will be in line with ActionAid Nigeria procurement guidelines and policy.
Deadline for submission: 16th November 2017
ActionAid Nigeria Procurement Committee will provide technical oversight to the organisation/company during the course of the work. The Organisation/Company shall be responsible for supplying and installing the equipment as aforementioned in the communities for supervision by the Community Action and Response Team (CART)who will confirm satisfactory supply and installation before relevant payments are made.
Note: only shortlisted companies/organisations will be contacted.