Department: School of Information Technology and Computing
Summary of Position:
The Assistant or Associate Professor of Computer Science will be responsible for teaching and supporting students learning both inside and outside the classroom. She/He shall work closely with the Department Chair and Dean of the school in formulating and implementing course syllabi that would translate to effective teaching and learning in the AUN School of IT & Computing and also engage students with other resource assignments in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Ph.D. in Computer Science (or a related discipline) from a reputable University
- At least five(5) years of teaching and research experience garnered at a reputable University including supervision of undergraduate and post-graduate student research works
- Must possess verifiable evidence of scholarly publications in reputable conferences or journals
- Substantive experience in programming paradigm and language analysis.
- Professional certification in the field will be a plus
- Knowledge of the principles, practices and theories of classroom teaching
- Should be proficient in use of ICT and online tools and e-resources for teaching and research
Other Requirements, Abilities for the Position:
- Appropriate academic credentials, as well as successful post-secondary teaching experience.
- Experience in Africa or other parts of the developing world is a plus.
- A strong commitment to development
- An understanding of the essential values of academic integrity, civility, collegiality and diversity in a community of learners
- A demonstrated commitment to academic excellence, cultural diversity, and equal opportunity
The American University of Nigeria was founded in response to the need for a world-class university in sub-Saharan Africa. The University’s mission is to provide quality education to Nigeria and Africa’s future leaders in order to equip them with the skills needed to solve development issues on the continent, and give them the knowledge needed to create solutions that will benefit their community, their country and, ultimately, the world.
The goal of AUN is to train the future leaders of Africa and to serve as both a stimulus and agent of economic development throughout the region.
To that end, all students, regardless of academic specialization, will receive high-level training in information technology, entrepreneurship and in arts and sciences, all of which are the key to future sustainable development. AUN is committed to providing the skills and the leadership essential to advancing the continent’s pressing social and economic challenges.
For more information about AUN and the School of Information Technology and Computing please visit: www.aun.edu.ng
Description of Benefits:
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
How to Apply:
Suitably qualified candidates should submit their resumes, cover letters and references to email@example.com before the closing date of this publication. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Closing Date: November 30, 2017
AUN is an equal opportunity employer and strives to provide a culturally diverse workforce; we do not discriminate in employment on the basis of race creed, colour, nationality, origin, age, sex, religion and marital status. For information on AUN, visit our Web site at http://www.aun.edu.ng/