Our client is a leading Pharmaceutical organisation based in Johannesburg, South Africa with global offices.
This is a critical position for this Global Pharmaceutical business based in Johannesburg. As the Head of Marketing – Africa you will be reporting to the General Manager based in Johannesburg and to the Head of Marketing for Middle East, Africa and Europe.
Key requirements within this position include:
- Ensure marketing and commercial and field excellence inline with Global Business Excellence
- Meet operating profitability objectives of the product portfolio
- Develop and implement the marketing strategies and planning within the management team, in co-operation with the other business units
- Represent the r marketing function within the various business units – global, regional and local
- Manage and develop the marketing team
- Develop the marketing excellence within the business unit
The Successful Applicant
The successful Head of Marketing – Africa will possess the following attributes:
- Degree: Marketing, Business Administration , Life Sciences. A Medical/Scientific background is advantageous.
- Minimum of 8 years Marketing experience within the Pharmaceutical industry.
- Knowledge of Vaccines or Biological Product experience is advantageous.
- Proven international strategy experience – Ability to develop, implement and present to all senior stakeholders
- Good at building and maintaining relationships
- Strong numerical skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Business acumen and understanding of P&L responsibility
- Experience dealing with Public Health organisations, WHO, Ministers of Health and Health-care professionals
- Ability to travel into Africa as well as the Middle East, Europe and potentially USA. Approx. 50%