Businesses that partner with Google come in all shapes, sizes and market caps, and no one Google advertising solution works for all. Your knowledge of online media combined with your communication skills and analytical abilities shapes how new and existing business grow. Using your influencing and relationship-building skills, you provide Google-caliber client service, research and market analysis. You anticipate how decisions are made, persistently explore and uncover the business needs of Google’s key clients and understand how our range of product offerings can grow their business. Working with them, you set the vision and the strategy for how their advertising can reach thousands of users.
As Business Development Manager, you will be responsible for defining and implementing a high impact strategy that focuses on empowering advertisers and agencies by helping them innovate, accelerate and win in the digital space. You will be on a team responsible for growing the Small- and Medium-sized Business (SMB) ecosystem in Sub-Saharan Africa (SSA) with a focus on Nigeria. This will involve, but not be limited to, supporting the launch of Google SMB business development programs, leading the SMB training track of Growth Engine, driving Google My Business Adoption and driving other SMB outreach events. You are a dedicated business leader shaping the future of Google’s commercial and consumer products. You will work cross-functionally across sales, marketing, product and communications and more.
Our Large Customer Sales teams partner closely with many of the world’s biggest advertisers and agencies to develop digital solutions that build strong businesses and brands. We enjoy a bird’s eye view on the massive transformation occurring as advertising shifts to mobile and online platforms. We’re uniquely situated to help shape how companies grow their businesses in the digital age. We advise clients on Google’s broad range of products across search, video and mobile to help them connect instantly and seamlessly with their audiences.
- Develop and drive the SMB marketing strategy to obtain and retain SMB advertisers, and support growth for Google in Nigeria and SSA. Support SMB’s growth online through rolling out Google My Business and helping new SMBs get on the Google My Business Platform.
- Design and execute multi-channel campaigns and large-scale marketing events to educate SMBs on digital marketing, Google advertising products and connect them with agencies. Lead narrative and product messaging for SMBs in Nigeria and SSA.
- Implement SSA-wide support activities (leads sharing, leads warming and conversion) and same store growth campaigns to excite and motivate SMB to advertise with Google.
- Run customer research activities to help shape product priorities and marketing messages and identify key drivers of how SMBs leverage digital.
- Work with other teams in SMB Marketing, Google Marketing Solutions, New Business Sales and External Telesales Operations on key strategic pillars of SMB growth in Nigeria and the rest of SSA. Work with SSA SMB Marketing Manager to drive initiatives, track performance and develop SMB growth plans in the region.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working in Nigeria in media agency, media sales or digital marketing.
- Ability to speak and write in English fluently and idiomatically.
- Experience in marketing within advertising agencies in Nigeria (offline/online).
- Strong knowledge of AdWords, and the value proposition for SMBs and agencies.
- Relationship management experience and results-oriented team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage complex projects involving multiple stakeholders in different countries.
- Strong analytical, reporting and written and spoken communication skills.