WAREHOUSE DATA OFFICER (Nigerian Nationals only)
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job title : Warehouse Data Officer
Work location: Bama
Starting date: As soon as possible
Reporting to: WH in charge
GENERAL PURPOSE OF THE POSITION, RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
The WH Data Officer should responsible under overall supervision of WH In-charge to the common Warehouse activities, assessment & analysis related data implemented within the framework of the project plans, ensuring that they are delivered following INTERSOS standards, and that these activities are achieving timely results.
• Understand, implement and / or maintain standard INTERSOS inventory management policies and procedure;
• Provide information and logistics support to partners/program and warehouse staff where necessary;
• Responsible for data keeping/documentation at all times. Take lead in data tracking of all WH/Logistics activities.
• Responsible for documentation of all receipt and dispatch (received notes/Delivery note/Stock transfer sheet/Waybills) are complete and archived in compliance with INTERSOS standards (scan documents and archive digital versions on computer) BOTH SOFT AND HARD COPIES.
• Ensure the maintenance of Warehouse and any Logistics relevant document.
• Update as per INTERSOS requirements, the asset register, Asset inventory list and expendable store inventory list and produce timely reports as requested by the warehouse in-charge.
• Normalize and analyse data as per request.
• Develop new data collection and data analysis tools, including efficient data capturing forms.
• Maintain physical and digital records according to standard guidelines considering update the Relief Item Tracking Application daily to reflect all transactions (new requests, receipt of goods, and release of goods) based on completed documentation; maintain physical records per individual request/consignment per Service User.
• Filling of waybills, consignment reports, labourers pay sheet as well as any relevant document for proper record keeping and documentation.
• Compile data of which actors are in location, what type of activities they do;
• Put together data of Partners contact list (MoU contact & actual contact)
• Collect accurate data for generator usage;
• Effectively communicate the status, value, and importance of data collection to staff.
• Prepare and deliver data for the preparation of weekly/monthly/midterm / final reports;
• Keep and share the record of visitor: suggestions – comments – complains
• Take minutes of internal/external meetings and keep record
• Archive everyday problems / challenges with the solutions given or suggested
• Assist in developing the project data collection plan including monitoring and evaluation tools
• Provide IT support and training to INTERSOS staff in field Bases;
• Performs Handovers and Troubleshooting of IT equipment as per instruction of IT department;
• Manage any network / software/ hardware provided by INTERSOS
• Perform any other task as assigned by the supervisor.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Computer science;
• Minimum 3 years of experience from at national level project implementation position in a humanitarian / recovery context;
• Experience in working in complex and volatile contexts;
• Advance knowledge of MS Office.
• Advance knowledge on database management and data analysis.
• Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities;
• Experience in leadership and problem solving;
• Fluency in English, both written and oral;
• Capacity to adapt to basic living conditions, patience;
• Ability to deliver high quality work within tight deadlines;
• INTERSOS reserve right to transfer position as per need / project demand any time during the project. Staff will responsible to manage for his/her own accommodation / food;
• Travelling from home to duty station will be staff own responsibility but facilitation could be provided as per situation;
• No TA/DA will be provided for the field work appointed to work for;
• Other Terms & Condition will be part of Job Contract;
How to Apply
Candidates interested in this position should complete this form and attach CV with the following format “Surname_Position you applied for”.
Please note that ONLY applicants whose competencies meet the requirement of the position will be contacted.
Application deadline: apply no later than 13th January 2020 at 4:00PM
Please note that INTERSOS do not ask for any form of payment at any stage of recruitment.