- Announcement Number:
- Hiring Agency:
- Consulate General Lagos
- Position Title:
- Truck Driver – All Interested Candidates
- Open Period:
- 06/19/2019 – 07/03/2019Format MM/DD/YYYY
- Vacancy Time Zone:
- LE – 1015 4
- NGN ₦3,599,599
- Work Schedule:
- Full-time – 48 hours per week
- Promotion Potential:
- Duty Location(s):
- Telework Eligible:
- For More Info:
- Hiring Path:
- • Open to the public
- Who May Apply/Clarification From the Agency:
- For USEFM – FS is AA. Actual FS salary determined by Washington D.C.
• All Interested Applicants / All Sources
- Security Clearance Required:
- Public Trust – Background Investigation
- Appointment Type
- Appointment Type Details:
- • Indefinite subject to successful completion of probationary period
- Marketing Statement:
- We encourage you to read and understand the Eight (8) Qualities of Overseas Employees before you apply.
- The work schedule for this position is:
- Full Time (48 hours per week)
Start date: Candidate must be able to begin working within a reasonable period of time (6 weeks) of receipt of agency authorization and/or clearances/certifications or their candidacy may end.
- Supervisory Position:
- Relocation Expenses Reimbursed:
- Travel Required:
- 25% or less
Incumbent will require to travel around Lagos, Ikoyi, Lekki, and at times out of town to other states and regions within Nigeria as assigned/delegated by supervisor.
Basic Function of the Position –Incumbent operates cars, light, medium, and heavy buses, pickups, light, medium, and large trucks to transport passengers and cargo to and from the Warehouse, Consulate General, Embassy Abuja, or commercial or residential locations throughout Nigeria and to neighboring countries as directed. S/he operates materials handling equipment required to properly and safely load and unload the vehicle.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: Minimum of two (2) years previous experience as a professional truck driver is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have good geographical knowledge of Lagos, other Nigeria cities/states and neighboring countries, as well as good knowledge of automotive vehicle operation and safety. Ability to write clearly, comprehend instructions, and communicate via telephone and radio is required.
- Education Requirements:
- Completion of Secondary School or or High School
- LANGUAGE: Level II (Limited knowledge) Speaking/Reading/ Writing English is required. Level II (Limited knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing of any Local Language is required.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must have basic computer knowledge with the ability to drive on short/long trips and work under high stress situations. Must possess a valid Nigerian class D drivers license.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
Benefits and Other Info
- Agency Benefits:
- Locally Employed Staff, including Members of Household (MOHs), and Third-Country Nationals (TCNs), working at the U.S. Mission in (insert post and/or country name) may receive a compensation package that may include health, separation, and other benefits.
For EFMs, benefits should be discussed with the Human Resources Office.
The pay plan is assigned at the time of the conditional offer letter by the HR Office.
- Other Information:
- HIRING PREFERENCE SELECTION PROCESS: Applicants in the following hiring preference categories are extended a hiring preference in the order listed below. Therefore, it is essential that these applicants accurately describe their status on the application. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not eligible for a hiring preference.
HIRING PREFERENCE ORDER:
- AEFM / USEFM who is a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran*
- AEFM / USEFM
- FS on LWOP and CS with reemployment rights **
* IMPORTANT: Applicants who claim status as a preference-eligible U.S. Veteran must submit a copy of their most recent DD-214 (“Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”), equivalent documentation, or certification. A “certification” is any written document from the armed forces that certifies the service member is expected to be discharged or released from active duty service in the armed forces under honorable conditions within 120 days after the certification is submitted by the applicant. The certification letter should be on letterhead of the appropriate military branch of the service and contain (1) the military service dates including the expected discharge or release date; and (2) the character of service. Acceptable documentation must be submitted in order for the preference to be given.
** This level of preference applies to all Foreign Service employees on LWOP and CS with re-employment rights back to their agency or bureau.
For more information (i.e., what is an EFM, USEFM, AEFM, MOH, etc.?) and for additional employment considerations, please visit the following link.
How to Apply
- All candidates must be able to obtain and hold a [enter clearance level here] clearance.
To apply for this position click the “Submit Application” button. For more information on how to apply visit the Mission internet site.
- Required Documents:
- Please provide the required documentation listed below with your application:
- Copy of Orders/Assignment Notification (or equivalent)
- Residency and/or Work Permit
- Secondary School Certificate
- Driver’s License
- Certificate or License
- DD-214 – Member Copy 4, Letter from Veterans’ Affairs, or other supporting documentation (if applicable)
- Next Steps:
- Applicants who are invited to take a language or skills test, or who are selected for an interview will be contacted via email.
For further information – the complete position description listing all of the duties, responsibilities, required qualifications, etc. may be obtained by contacting the Human Resources Office.
Thank you for your application and your interest in working at the U.S. Mission in (insert post and/or country name).