Warehouse Officer at IMC Nigeria
International Medical Corps is a global, humanitarian, nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs. Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and Nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
International Medical Corps is therefore looking for a suitable candidate to fill the position of
Warehouse Officer to be based in Maiduguri
Position: Nigerian nationals only
- . The Warehouse Officer will work within the Logistics department of Operational Support structure, committed to provide reliable and compliant support to program activities in order to achieve efficient service to program beneficiaries.
- The Warehouse Officer will ensure smooth operations of IMC warehouses and directly manage the receipt, dispatch and inventory keeping of all food and goods that enter the storage facilities.
- Through implementing IMC and donor’s Warehousing procedures the Warehouse Officer will ensures that all food and inventories will be accounted for in accordance to IMC and donor requirements.
- Daily coordination of IMC warehouse activities; Ensure quality control in the process of receiving issuing and storage of goods.
- Has a full understanding of warehouse policies and procedures?
- Prepare warehouse report on receipt and issues of goods including Donation in Kind.
- Travel to field sites to deliver and or receive and inspect goods delivered directly to the field;
- Interacts with WFP transporters and staff in the receiving and inspection of goods – receives, delivery notices, packing lists and issues GRNs.
- Dispatches goods and related supplies from the warehouse using appropriate IMC warehouse established procedures, Goods Issue Order, Waybills and update Stock Records accordingly.
- Prepare report of monthly stocks, end of grant stocks, fiscal year physical counts and other physical counts, as instructed by supervisor.
- Ensure warehouse best practices are undertaken; display of bin cards on each item in the warehouse; stock verifications on (expiry dates), FIFO/FEFO, generate the commodities movement way bills and gate passes etc.
- Maintain physical and electronic copies of inventory, as per formats and forms provided in the Warehouse Manual;
- Coordinate with the Fleet Officer for transportation and arrangement for food timely dispatches
- Ensure proper warehouse control measures are instituted such as; the commodities movement way bills, gate passes and visitors logbooks, spot checks etc.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to IMC and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission in Nigeria.
- Should be actively supporting and promoting safe work practices.
- Contribute to a positive working environment.
Communication and teamwork:
- Ensure good communication with the direct reports, other IMC staff and donor’s representatives
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with partners, beneficiaries and other stakeholders.
- Report problems encountered in the warehouse or within the team to the Supervisor
- Propose solution to solve any problem faced and report them to the Supervisor
- Participate actively in regular staff and program meetings.
- Prepare weekly team’s work schedule and submit to the Warehouse Manager.
Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse:
- Actively promote PSEA (Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse) standards within IMC and amongst beneficiaries served by IMC.
- Compliance & Ethics: Promotes and encourages a culture of compliance and ethics throughout International Medical Corps. As applicable to the position, maintains a clear understanding of International Medical Corps’ and donor compliance and ethics standards and adheres to those standards. Conducts work with the highest level of integrity.
Qualifications and Experience
- University Graduate in a relevant Business field is desired.
- At least two (2) years of experience in large scale logistics operation
- Experience in North East Nigeria is an added advantage.
- Strong organizational skills and discipline to follow outlined procedures
- Ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel.
- Excellent oral and written English skills.
- High computer skills on MS Office (Excel, Words, Outlook) programs.
- A demonstrated ability to multi-task and process information into action as to not delay program activities.
- A clear understanding of procurement ethics and donor compliance is essential.
- Willingness to travel throughout the project areas in Borno state is required.
- Must have the ability to read, understand and demonstrate willingness to follow guidelines.
- Good knowledge and experience with different data entry management software within a humanitarian organization,
- Good human relations and diplomacy. Analytical and capacity to organize work and team, to work under stressful situations. Strong organizational and time management skills and capacity to coordinate work across multiple departments and sites.
- Experience living in remote or isolated work stations, or insecure locations.
How to Apply
Only Short-listed candidates will be contacted.
All applications should be addressed to the Human Resource Coordinator, International Medical Corps via the email: [email protected]
We are an equal opportunity organization so Maiduguri Based candidates are encouraged to apply for this position
Candidates MUST state the position and location they are applying for as the subject of their email, application letter and curriculum vitae should be in a single Microsoft Word Document, otherwise applications will not be considered.
Deadline for submission is 8th July, 2019