Programme and Communication Officer – IICA-2 (ICS-10)
NigeriaUNOPSClosing date08 May 2019
* CANDIDATES WITH NO UN OR UNOPS EXPERIENCE ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!
Under the supervision of the Programme Manager, your duties and responsibilities will be to:
- Prepare draft budgets, financial agreements and project proposals for new projects and extensions of ongoing projects as required by the Programme Manager.
- Produce routine and ad-hoc reports including but not limited to: periodic substantive reports for United Nations Mine Action Service (UNMAS) HQ against donor contributions, projects and activities, Financial Agreements, Annual Partner Reports, Results Based Reports (RBR), SG Mine Action Report, and any other relevant report required.
- Coordinate the Programme team’s efforts in resource mobilization and participate in building and maintaining a network of key partners and contacts among the donor community, and keeping abreast of evolving trends in the country that are relevant to UNMAS Nigeria.
- Coordinate all Programme public information activities, including events and publications, to ensure coherence, consistency and accuracy of all forms of communication.
- Ensure supervision and capacity development of the members of the programmatic team.
- Prepare donor reports and funding proposals, including ad-hoc reports as required.
- Prepare periodic financial reports to local authorities as required.
- Provide logistical and substantive support for visits of donors and other delegations.
- Assist in the preparation of documents prior to meeting with donors, embassies representative and Mine Action stakeholders in country.”
- Liaise with UN partner agencies and donors in mine action in obtaining up to date information on potential funding and projects.
- Attend inter-agency meetings and assist on any programme issues.
- Provide programme information to partner agencies, non-governmental organizations and contractors and UN agencies.
- Maintain documentation of decisions and actions taken on programme issues.
- Represent, when required/requested, the UNMAS Nigeria programme at senior meetings and at strategic level.
- Engage actively in public information initiatives and maintain close working relationships with UN partner agencies on public information and social media activities.
- Ensure a full compliance to UNOPS policies.
- Any other duties as requested and tasked by the Programme Manager.
How to Apply
Use the link below:
Years of experience