Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor (Benue State)
(USAID Global Health Supply Chain- Procurement and Supply Management, (GHSC-PSM) project, Nigeria)
Job Description/Scope of Work
Position Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor
Location: Benue State, Nigeria
Background: The overall goal of GHSC-PSM is to procure and provide health commodities for all USAID health programs, including but not limited to, HIV/AIDS, Malaria, Family Planning, and Maternal & Child Health, as well as provide systems strengthening technical assistance to improve supply chain management and commodity security in Nigeria.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Support data management processes at state level and ensure that standard processes are followed, identified gaps and implement corrective actions in coordination with other state staff and stakeholders
- Support and build the capacity at state level on monitoring and evaluation, supportive visits, data analysis and presentation.
- Participate in the review of Nigeria Health LMIS data and outputs to assess quality of data entry process
- Support state performance review meetings with trend and root cause analysis to facilitate performance improvement initiatives
- Participate in state level Site Improvement Monitoring System (SIMS) assessment as required, and ensure all preparatory activities and means of verification are available
- Conduct health facility data quality assessment as required
- Support periodic program KPI analysis at national level and other data request by stakeholders
- Coordinate and support update of state health facility report tracker
- Participate in internal data quality checks and analysis to support program reporting, and follow up on corrective actions
- Support state specific Last Mile Distribution monitoring with deployment of SurveyCTO data capture tool and data analysis
- Keep track of KPIs for states in the region and advise RM and state teams on a bi-monthly / quarterly basis.
- Other duties as assigned by the technical supervisor
Minimum of a Bachelor’s in health sciences, development, statistics or related field and at least 3 years of work experience in international public health programs
Familiarity with the principles and current approaches to M&E in health programs
Experience in the design, conduct and analysis of studies (quantitative and qualitative)
Ability to contribute to capacity-building efforts and work with colleagues in diverse cultures
Ability to work independently and to manage activities daily with minimal supervision
Ability to work effectively and harmoniously with other staff, USAID, consultants, MOH, and international organizations
Computer literacy with demonstrated use of word processing, database and presentation software (Word, Excel, Power Point). Experience with database development and management in Access a plus. Experience using mapping (e.g., Arc-GIS, Health Mapper, etc.), and statistical analysis software (SPSS, EPI-INFO, STATA, SAS or similar) also a plus
Excellent organizational and time management skills and strong attention to detail
Excellent writing and communications skills in English required
The Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor will report directly to Senior Manager, Region 3 on Management or Administrative activities and to the M&E Manager on Technical activities.
Working Conditions/Duration of Assignment
This is a long-term position for the life of the contract.
How to Apply
To apply, please click the link https://chemonics-ghsc-psm-nga.formstack.com/forms/531_167_20_monitoring_and_evaluation_advisor_benue_state