- Ozumba Mbadiwe Rd, Victoria Island, Lagos, Nigeria
Deloitte is the largest private professional services network in the world. Everyday, approximately 286,200 professionals in more than 150 countries demonstrate their commitment to making an impact that matters.
Our West Africa practice serves multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium-sized enterprises and the public sector across Nigeria and Ghana.
In Nigeria, Deloitte is one of the leading professional services firms, specializing in providing Audit, Tax, Consulting, Risk Advisory and Financial Advisory services. We serve clients in a variety of industries from financial services, consumer, telecommunications, media & technology, energy resources & Industrial and government and public services.
Our professionals are unified by a collaborative culture that fosters integrity, outstanding value to markets and clients, commitment to each other, and strength from cultural diversity. They are committed to strengthening corporate responsibility, building public trust, and making a positive impact in their communities. We understand that our professionals hold interests outside of the work space and we aim to encourage work/life balance, supporting them in all aspects of their lives.
Our talented professionals and our clients understand the link between a strong learning and development programme and the ability for Deloitte to deliver on its promise of consistent, high-quality service delivery worldwide.
Whatever your age, gender or culture, take your career to the next level with the talents and capabilities you will develop at Deloitte.
About Clients & Industries (C&I) Unit
Clients and industries helps position Deloitte as the first choice of top sought-after clients. We provide resources and expertise to support client-facing teams win new engagements, retain clients and increase our market share. We leverage on our industry insights and promote cross-function collaboration across Deloitte to bring about synergies, which help us serve our clients better. Our strategy is centered on supporting our people to win and deliver impactful work to our client
About the Role
Research Manager to lead the research function that provides insights to both our internal and client facing business practices across the West Africa region. The Research Manager is expected to gather intelligence and provide insights to support Deloitte’s leadership to help them make sound decisions and keep the organization ahead of the market.
The successful candidate will be responsible for all research management activities including industry newsletters, thought leadership, client presentations, articles and blog posts, etc. In delivering these materials, the Research Manager should understand research techniques and tools/databases that can add value to the research process.
The successful candidate will be able to establish working synergies between internal capabilities and the wider West African markets, by providing actionable insights for leaders across service lines. This requires a deep understanding of the key issues that drive our business and a sound awareness of the relevant markets in which we and our clients operate in.
- Support internal stakeholders to develop research content on topical issues that are critical to clients
- Conduct research and provide insights about industry trends
- Develop unique and thoughtful perspectives on industry-related issues to support client engagement activities
- Support industry leaders in the design and execution of client initiatives and account plans
- Ensure that research is created using credible qualitative and quantitative methodologies and based on key insights and findings from the studies
- Represent technical or complex topical issues into language that can be understood by all
- Provide insights for thought leadership
- Organize and manage research projects to achieve project milestones
- Develop periodic publications featuring interesting research visualizations using diverse sets of data that promises significant business impact
- Build effective working relationships with subject matter experts within the firm and the external marketplace
- Facilitate the deployment of research/thought leadership through a variety of channels
- Possess a Bachelor’s degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) in any discipline with a minimum of second class lower/lower credit in any field
- Have a minimum of five credits in WASSCE Ordinary Level/NECO subjects or acceptable equivalent examination, including Mathematics and English Language in one sitting only
- A minimum of 6 years’ cognate experience. Previous professional services experience will be an added advantage.
- Sound industry and business knowledge
- Experienced in communication and implementation of strategy
- Proven ability to manage and execute projects
- Experienced in development and delivery of professional presentations
- Excellent report writing skills
- Strong research and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Effective interpersonal and relationship building skills
- Good mentorship and coaching ability with desire to develop self and others
- Strong client delivery focus
- Adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease
- Focus on quality and risk
- Effective problem solving ability
- Excellent business acumen
What Impact Will You Make?
Every day, your work will make an impact that matters, while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration, and high performance. As the undisputed leader in professional services, Deloitte is where you will find unrivalled opportunities to succeed and realize your full potential.
How You Will Grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University Leadership Centre. https://deloitte.zoomforth.com/du
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: To make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves in doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact. https://www2.deloitte.com/global/en/pages/about-deloitte/articles/impact-that-matters.html
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do a research to know some background about our firm and the business area you are applying to.
Application deadline: Wednesday, 10 July 2019