ActionAid is a global movement of people working together to further human rights and defeat poverty for all.
ActionAid is an anti-poverty agency that prioritises works with the poor and excluded; promoting values and commitment in civil society, institutions and Governments with the aim of achieving structural changes in order to eradicate injustices and poverty in the world. ActionAid Nigeria is an affiliate of ActionAid International, an International Non-Governmental organisation registered in The Netherlands with its headquarters in Johannesburg South Africa. ActionAid International works in more than 40 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and America.
ActionAid Nigeria is inviting applications from qualified candidates to fill the following position within the organisation:
M&E Consultants – Lagos & Abuja (Short term contracts)
The post holder will provide technical support and guidance in meeting the accountability and M&E requirements on the SIP project; as well as develop strategy, results framework, key milestones, monitoring and evaluation plan for the NSIP project. In addition, the M&E Consultant will develop a robust planning and M&E framework and systems for sustainability of the project, for recommendation to the National Social Investment Office (NSIO).
- First degree in arts/humanities or social sciences is essential
- Masters degree in a relevant field is desirable
- At least five years’ experience in monitoring and evaluation is essential
- Excellent working knowledge of Data information systems as well as Excel, Word & Outlook (MS Office in general)
- Excellent quantitative and qualitative monitoring and evaluation skills and familiarity with the range of approaches and methods currently being deployed in the development sector
- Experience in the use of SPSS tool
- Experience in community based work and use of various participatory M&E tools
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Ability to provide practical solutions within set deadlines.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills.
- Excellent planning and prioritization skills
- Highly numerate
To apply, kindly complete the application form accessed from www.actionaid.org/nigeria/jobs. Applications should be sent in an MSWord attachment to Jobopenings.Nigeria@actionaid.org. Only electronically submitted forms will be considered. Scanned application forms will be disregarded.
Kindly refer to the website – www.actionaid.org/nigeria/jobs for detailed job description/or terms of reference and application form of respective positions.
Subject line of emails must state clearly, job title of position applied for and location e.g M&E Consultant – Lagos.
ActionAid offers competitive terms of employment. Applications from women are particularly encouraged.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 9th April 2018. While we respect all applicants, interview dates will be communicated only to shortlisted candidates.