Tropical Health is seeking an experienced State Data Systems Strengthening Advisor as part of a large donor malaria programme that will operate in five Northern and one Southern States in Nigeria. The position will be based in the capital city of the programme supported States with extensive travel within the State. The position will have a dual role of and building capacity of state malaria elimination programme (SMEP) M&E teams and coordinating and implementing state-level programme Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) and Operations Research (OR) activities. The State Data Systems Strengthening Advisor will be line managed by the State Team Leader, with the technical oversight from Abuja based Specialists.
The State Data Systems Strengthening Advisor will be responsible for:
· Building capacity of SMEP M&E team’s in quality data collection processes, analysis and use of M&E data.
· Performing monitoring visits with SMEP M&E team and providing technical support or training to address identified M&E capacity gaps.
· Coordinating state-level programme M&E and OR activities
· Collecting and analysing state level programme M&E and OR data.
· Reporting on state programme performance and strengthening programme information system at state level.
· Inputting into development of draft M&E reports required by the core programme team.
· Attending state-level technical meetings, as well as meetings with programme stakeholders, as required.
· Liaise regularly with programme state-level staff regarding M&E processes and programme performance.
State Data Systems Strengthening Advisor
Role title: State Data Systems Strengthening Advisor
Location: Capital city of programme supported States, Nigeria
Contract type: Fixed Term, 2 years with possible extension
Salary: Negotiable and commensurate with skills, qualifications and experience
· Bachelor’s degree in research methods, public health, epidemiology, surveillance or other relevant qualification.
· Experience of co-ordinating and implementing state-level M&E activities.
· Good understanding and knowledge of health system dynamics and challenges in relation to Nigeria’s response to malaria.
· Good understanding and knowledge of M&E systems in Nigeria.
· Experience building capacity, supervising and mentoring staff and partners, including facilitating training.
· Good understanding of the health, political, social and cultural context of Nigeria.
· Experience working effectively with Government and donors.
· Excellent computer skills, including in Excel; knowledge of other data software an advantage
· Good level of spoken and written English.
· Good level of spoken and written Hausa, if working in Northern States
The advert and full job description can be found on our website (www.trophealth.com)).
Send a motivation letter and up to date CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm (in Nigeria) on Monday 19th March 2018. The title of your email should be the full job title and preferred State for posting.
Interviews will be held between the 3rd and 4th April 2018; only candidates selected for the interview stage will be contacted. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in working with us.