Humentum is a global nonprofit/charity focused on advancing operational excellence for social good. We build the capacity of staff at international development and relief organizations to address the operational challenges they face while working toward their missions. Humentum was created from the merger of three well-established organizations: Mango, a UK-registered charity and social enterprise that specializes in financial management; InsideNGO, a Washington, DC-based member association of international non-governmental organizations; and LINGOS, a virtual not-for-profit capacity building organization specializing in eLearning. Learn more about us here: www.humentum.org.
The content and platforms team works across Humentum to provide and manage all content and platforms used to deliver training to our members and clients. Our focus is to ensure high quality content is relevant and accessible in multiple environments, including face-to-face and online. We work with content that includes, but not limited to, training materials, open and closed resources, tools and templates.
Working as a core member of the content and platforms team, this role will work with the wider learning and alliances and advocacy teams to ensure that content is managed, updated and distributed effectively and efficiently. This will be done by coordinating with the relevant stakeholders within Humentum, analyzing content usage, providing expertise and processes for managing and delivering content, and helping to solve issues around content access.
- Manage master materials folders, making sure it has the most updated content
- Update and ensure materials maintain Humentum’s quality standards
- Communicate content updates and changes to relevant stakeholders
- Coordinate the development of new course materials
- Prepare materials for delivery via print or online
- Manage distribution of new and updated content externally
- Translate evaluation feedback into course and material improvements
- Review of current content management processes and implement necessary improvements
- Analyze current content usage
- Investigate innovative ways to globalize content access
Skills and Attributes
- High levels of IT proficiency ( Microsoft Office) with experience specifically around content management.
- Willingness to learn and engage with IT systems focussed on learning delivery
- Excellent planning, time management, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment with rapidly changing priorities in a dynamic and unpredictable context.
- Meticulous attention to detail – demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, organized, monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Challenges current practice constructively and gives feedback that improves performance.
- Must be able to work as part of a remote team as well as independently
- Demonstrates Humentum’s values of positive collaboration, openness, mutual support and learning to make a difference in our organization and our work.
Qualifications and experience
- 0-3 years of relevant experience.
- A high standard of English
- Proven experience managing learning content
- Exposure to international development
- Develop project management skills through training and experience
- Attend workshops where relevant
This role is home based and part of a wider global team who all work remotely, you will need to work independently and as well as part of the team to achieve team-based targets.
Flexible (Preferably East Africa)
Please send a CV and letter of motivation to [email protected].