The Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) has a vacancy based in Vienna, Austria, for a Temporary Editor/Speechwriter (approximately 6 months) in its Public Relations & Information Department.
- Sources, researches, writes, re-writes, edits, and sub-edits reports and articles for various in-house publications in a professional manner, ensuring timeliness of publications.
- Researches and produces commentaries, news analyses and special feature articles on oil and the energy industry in general for in-house publications and the OPEC website as well as for external publications in a professional manner, ensuring timeliness of publications.
- Researches and drafts speeches, and edits presentations, papers and technical reports in a professional manner, ensuring timeliness of publications.
- Carries out any other tasks assigned by the relevant superiors as pertain to his/her background, qualifications and position.
- University degree in Media studies, Journalism, English Language, Social Sciences or related fields. Advanced degree preferred.
- Work experience: 8 years with university degree; 6 years with an advanced degree.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Editing, copy-editing & proofreading
- Some knowledge of energy industry/international organizations
- Communication & interpersonal skills
- Presentation skills
- Analytical skills
- Customer service orientation
- Initiative and integrity
- Proficiency in written and spoken English. Other major languages an asset
Commensurate remuneration package i.e. monthly basic salary of €5,075 per month with tax-free benefits and annual leave (2.5 days per month).
Finance & Human Resources Department
A-1010 Vienna – Austria
Or email: [email protected]
Online applicants should quote “Job Code Temporary Editor” in the “Subject” field. An automatic reply will be sent to confirm the successful submission of the documents.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 22 July 2018. Acknowledgements will only be sent to short-listed candidates.