The project is part of RESET PLUS (2017-2020) that builds on, and complements with RESET II.
RESET II is based on the following objectives: greater economic and employment opportunities, strengthening resilience of most vulnerable communities, improved governance and conflict prevention within the EU Trust Fund. The focus of RESET Plus is improvement of the systems, from micro to macro levels and the interlinkage between sectors, while adding new areas of work: Family Planning.
Total duration of the project 3.5 years. Consortium members: Amref, Save the Children, CARE, Women Support Association.
Tasks and responsabilities
The Program Manager Coordinator of RESET Plus project will be in charge of coordinating the implementation of a project implemented by Amref, Save The Children (STC), CARE and Women Support Association (WSA) in 5 cluster areas. In particular, s/he will be in charge of defining and follow up the overall strategy of the intervention in coordination with the technical and administrative staff of the project, senior management staff of the 3 NGOs, other RESET partners, EU and Local Authorities. The Program Manager is responsible for leading the Project Governance Team (PGT) and establishing a good level of coordination between PGT, Zonal Steering Committee (ZSC) and Woreda Project Implementation team supporting members of the last two groups in implementing the tasks they are in charge of: planning, managing the Program’s resources, monitoring and reporting.
In details, s/he will be in charge of:
- Designing activity plans and supervising their implementation, including:
- Designing monthly work plans together with the Project Managers;
- Sharing working plans with Amref it HoP.
General monitoring of the Program’s implementation and supervision of the implementation of the Program’s monitoring system. This includes:
- Design/Validate the Program’s monitoring tools and analysis of the collected data.
- Monitoring the implementation of work plans directly, through regular visits to project sites and through the ZSC.
- Organizing PGT meeting Providing Amref ET and IT with regular reports
- Supporting project staff and partners in activities’ implementation and problem-solving.
Taking overall responsibility of the financial component of the Program, he/she will work in strict coordination with the Administrative Coordinator of Amref it for:
- Budget management, following EC administrative and financial procedures as per contract signed by Amref;
- Ensure the compliance of all consortium members with EC administrative guidelines & procedures
- Signing purchase and services contracts.
- Defining quarterly and monthly plans of expenditures according to project budget and activity plan.
- Managing the relationship with the local partners on the basis of the signed MOUs and designing focused capacity building Program (on technical and administrative skills) enabling them to manage the activities they are in charge of.
- Support negotiation of the agreements with local authorities involved in the implementation of the Program.
- Calling for and leading regular meetings of the PGT and sharing the minutes of the meetings and regular communication between the PGT and zonal and woreda level coordination mechanisms.
Maintaining and developing the relationship with the Donor. This implies:
- Facilitating field visits, if requested;
- Drafting the interim and final reports and any further report which could be asked for;
- Providing information and documentation to the Donor when requested.
Coordinating with RESET partners operating in the target areas (5 RESET clusters). This includes:
- Supporting the local partner in its work of Coordination with local authorities
- Coordinating with local NGOs and INGOs operating the Project’s area and supporting the roll out of the gender strategy among RESET consortia
- Coordination with relevant clusters in the area
- Ensuring visibility, Providing Amref It Communication Department with regular updates and documentation (written, photographic, video etc..), in order for it to promote the project via its standard channels.
- Participating in strategic planning, project proposal writing, assessments and donor relations in order to support the development of Amref It portfolio in the country.
Other tasks upon request of the HQ (Rome office) when needed.
- Relevant Master Degree (International Relations, Human Rights, Sociology, International Cooperation etc.)
- Minimum 4 to 5 years’ experience in managing humanitarian and development projects
- Acquaintance with the Horn of Africa context
- Perfect acquaintance with DEVCO guidelines and main donors (ECHO-UN-EU-Italian Cooperation) procedures
- Previous proven experience in management of health programs/projects– at least two projects fully implemented from the design to the final reporting (providing evidence for that), including design and organizing, needs assessments, design of monitoring tools and reporting both on the financial and narrative levels
- Specific knowledge on gender issues is a much-appreciated asset
- Very good writing skills (a test will be administrated). Sound oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact with different stakeholders
- Sound computer skills with high proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Perfect knowledge of spoken and written English. Good knowledge of Italian is a plus
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills with analytic approach.
- Ability to work and live in team.
- Ability to fit properly in a multicultural / diversity work context
- Flexibility, capacity of managing stress, good diplomatic skills
- Prepared to live and work in an uncertain security environment
- Ability to perform in cross-functional team approach and job responsibilities
- Excellent organizational and reporting skills, precision, rapidity, dependability, and ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines
- Willingness and capacity to be flexible and patient when challenged by difficult and frustrating working conditions
Applicants interested and in possession of the required requirements are required to submit their Curriculum Vitae and motivational letter, including 2 references, to the e-mail address [email protected],
Deadline application: 30th of July 2018
Not being able to answer all of them, Amref is grateful for the sending; We will only contact the selected candidates directly to continue the selection process. Amref conducts transparent, non-discriminatory and respectful sorting processes in accordance with Laws 903/77 and 125/91. For more information, visit the website www.amref.it in the section “Collaborate with us”.