Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating activities, legal aid and a wide range of other protection assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system in the area of Finance. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
DRC has been operating in the West Africa region for over 15 years, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programmes through Country Offices (COs) Guinea, Liberia, Ivory Coast, Mali, Burkina Faso, Niger, Nigeria and a Regional Office (RO) in Abidjan. DRC has 17 offices and more than 500 staff members across the WA region.
DRC started operating in Nigeria in 2015 where plans to run a combination of emergency, livelihood, WASH, protection and advocacy programmes has been set. DRC currently has offices in Abuja, Yola, Mubi, Maiduguri and Yobe, with more than 100 staff members subject to increase in the near future
About the job
- The Cash Base Transfer Program (CBT) Assistant is responsible for assisting the CBT Officer to implementation of DRC CBT activities in the intervention communities in Borno State.
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Assist in planning and ensuring the effective implementation of the CBT
- Assist in all CBT related field work, including community mobilization, beneficiary identification/registration, distributions, and monitoring.
- Assist in ensure that beneficiaries are effectively targeted according to established vulnerability criteria.
- Assist in the E-Voucher redeemption procedures, including documentation, approval and actual payment/voucher distribution/redeemption.
- Assist in maintaining all documentations relating directly to CBT activities required to ensure accountability to DRC and donors, particularly where labor is concerned.
- Assist in administrative matters relating directly to CBT activities: time-sheets, payment schedules, required paper-work and liaison with finance department.
- Assist in administrative matters relating directly to cash transfer activities including reconciliation with cash-out agents following distributions.
- Contribute to effective program reporting, monitoring and evaluation systems for both internal and external use in coordination with the other program staff.
- Work with the Programme Officer to prepare monthly cash requirement forecast for CBT activities.
- Provide information on CBT activities as requested by the Programme Officer
- Report on any problems encountered in the field such as project participant complaints, local authority interference, and security threats to DRC staff and activities.
- Assist DRC Security Officer and Cash Base Transfer Programme Officer on any threats to DRC staff and activities; promptly reporting incidents/security threats in areas of operation.
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to DRC and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
And any other duties assigned to him/her by the CBT Programme Officer
To be successful in this role we expect you to. All employees should master DRC’s core competencies:
- Prepare and share work plan with the CBT Officer according to the programme detail and implementation plan
- Provide the CBT Officer with relevant documents, and channel issues.
- Taking the lead
- Striving for excellence and
- Demonstrating integrity.
Moreover, we also expect the following:
- BA/B.Sc/HND in relevant field required; 1 years of experience working on the development, implementation, administration and compliance of a field-based international development or humanitarian program; general program management experience required.
- Prior experience implementing CBT with an INGO is preferred.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders to identify beneficiaries according to criteria required.
- Experience with running assessments, monitoring and evaluation required.
- Experience representing the organization and its interests to a diverse range of local and international government officials, local civil society organizations, other international organizations, the media and the public.
- Commitment to renewing and maintaining knowledge of best practices
- Demonstrated training and facilitation experience
- Ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrated strengths in analytical skills, monitoring and evaluation, and report writingDesirable
- Strong interpersonal, intercultural and communication skills
- Excellent oral and written skills and computer skills
- Fluency in English; fluency in Kanuri or Hausa is required
Contract length: 6 MONTHS
Designation of Duty Station: Maiduguri
Start date: 16TH JULY 2018
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment .please refer to drc.ngo under Vacancies.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.Applications sent by email will not be considered.
Due to the urgency of the position, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the post may be filled before the deadline.
Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
Note: DRC-DDG Nigeria does not charge any fees for recruitment and does not use any employment mediator.
Closing date for applications: 17th July 2018
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact [email protected]
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website drc.ngo.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please visit drc.ngo/jobsupport.