Norwegian Church Aid (NCA) is looking for an Operations Manager in Southern Nigeria. In cooperation with UNHCR, NCA has delivered WASH equipment and services to Anyake camp in the Benue State of Nigeria. The Operations Manager will work closely with NCA’s Logistic Coordinator, Finance Manager and Program staff to ensure appropriate, timely and relevant assistance to People of Concern in four refugee camps. The Operations Manager will report to the Head of Mission and coordinate with the Camp Coordination and Camp Management Advisor who will have oversight of these four camps. The position is based in Ikom with frequent field visits to project sites.
The position is contingent upon funding and is initially a six month contract, with the possibility of extension.
Duties and responsibilities
- Ensure implementation of NCA procedures and compliance with donor regulations
- Follow-up NCA budget breakdown in close collaboration with the Logistic Coordinator, Finance Manager and Program staff
- Lead the design of concept notes, project proposals, budgets and budget forecasts in order to forecast the needs for future projects
- Manage day-to-day activities and facilitate effective team work and provide supervision and guidance
- Ensure the national staff database is up to date, according to NCA HR guidelines
Internal and external coordination
- Ensure that key information circulates correctly between the departments in Ikom and Adikpo offices.
- Represent Norwegian Church Aid in external meetings and/or forums
- Attend or delegate attendance to relevant inter-agency coordination meetings as required
- Be responsible for team and goods security on-base as delegated and supervised by the head of mission
- Monitor and analyze the security situation and ensure that the measures related to the security plan are known by all staff, respected and followed
- Give the geopolitical and security situation briefing to all of the new arrivals on the base
- Under the supervision of the head of mission, ensure that all security-related documents and procedures are updated regularly
- Set up a permanent security monitoring system
- Post-graduate qualification or university degree in a relevant field
- At least 5 years experience in a similar position
- Computer literacy and familiarity with Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint presentations, and Excel spreadsheets and budgeting)
- Experience working in Nigeria or Cameroon is an advantage
- Fluent in English (written and spoken)
- Organized, with sense of human relations, diplomacy, communication skills
- Proactive, autonomous, rigorous, with analytical, willingness and motivation to work in an international and intercultural context
We can offer
- Exciting and meaningful work with one of Norway’s largest humanitarian organisations
- Competitive terms and conditions and a comprehensive insurance policy
NCA uses electronic recruitment portal. You can register your CV, write an application and attach certificates and diplomas. Only applicants who use our electronic portal will be considered for the position. The start date for the position is 15 August 2018.