Over the last decade, USAID/Ethiopia has tremendous development gains in education, health and food and security; the portfolio in Ethiopia is one of the largest and most complex. USAID/Ethiopia is seeking specialized training and facilitation services of qualified institutions/contractors.
The institutions/contractors shall demonstrate substantive knowledge of the subject matter and lead a high-quality staff training program on a variety of leadership training topics. The objective of the training is to build the capacity of USAID/Ethiopia employees to inspire and take more skillful, adaptive action to lead in today’s work environment. The institution/contractors will provide a customized and challenging learning experience that will serve to develop and maintain skills for current and future USAID leaders and partners.
The course training will be for two weeks but with different intervals, the first week will be February 4-8, 2019 for 30 participants and the second week will start on April 8-12, 2019 with same number of participants. USAID will arrange the venue for this training but for all other logistic activities the institution/contractor will take the responsibilities.
Performance Objectives of this Statement of Work
• Instructor Qualifications -Instructors must be highly qualified with specialized teaching and facilitation talents and capabilities to formulate and deliver high energy, learner centered, and solution-oriented, interactive training sessions.
• Instructors must be trained in adult learning concepts and theories and able to stimulate participants, field content specific questions and have a demonstrated mastery teaching level to effectively lead employees on the subject topics that are being contracted.
• Required Deliverables -Training programs thoroughly planned in advance. Instructional content (objectives/learning points) Course materials, agenda, specifically designed group activities relevant to material content including scenarios and small group discussions.
• Interactive and participatory exercises.
• Visual aids (overheads, slides, power point and handouts)
The period of performance for this SOW is expected to start on two sessions each session will have one week; the first week will start on February 4-8, 2019 and the second week April 8-12, 2019 for 30 USAID staff each week.
• References – at least 3 on contractor experience in this field of adult education.
Topics that might be included in this module are:
• Context of Change or Change Management
• Explaining the difference between a manager and leader
• What it means to be an effective leader
• Gaining commitment with team members as a leader
• Empowering and motivating others in the organization
• Developing and demonstrating team credibility
• Harnessing and rewarding exceptional performance
• Ways to lead change within a team in an organization
• Techniques on how to speak with credibility
Please response with your CV and three(3) references for previous Leadership training projects in the adult education realm.
Send all information to [email protected]