Mondelez International LLC is a whole new company that has been re-imagined with a single focus in mind: create delicious moments of joy by sharing the world’s favorite brands. Launched on Oct. 1, 2012, and employing around 100,000 people around the world, Mondelez International comprises the global snacking and food brands of the former Kraft Foods Inc.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Sourcing Specialist – ME&S
Job Number: 1811403
Job type: Contract, 12 – Month Fixed Term
- A brief but complete statement describing why the position exists. Also describe the environment in which the job exists and the size of the operation (in terms of monetary measures, numbers of staff etc) that the position manages or supports
- The Sourcing Specialist – MES drives and supports the development of Spend Area practices for related Spend areas in his country, across all manufacturing locations and head offices.
- The incumbent reports to the regional Manager Sourcing MES, actively support to manages the regional FM, MRO, U&E spend in the complex, multi-cultural environment of businesses. He works in close collaboration with Regional FM, MRO Sourcing Manager to leverage business needs, market insights, risks and opportunities, and drives Regional and local Procurement goals.
- The incumbent will be responsible of the deployment of Global /Regional sourcing strategy, and stakeholder management, to maximize total cost of ownership savings and Procurement value contribution.
- The role will involve leading sourcing activities including ‘request for information/quotation/ proposal, negotiation and contracting as well as benchmarking activities for existing contractual relationships. Relationship Management with selected global/regional /local suppliers forms an important part of the responsibilities.
- The MES Sourcing specialist is accountable to drive Procurement value contribution to MondelÄ“z International while ensuring compliance with policies, strategies and processes.
Other Specific Tasks include:
- Market intelligence / overview of supply markets / business need analysis
- Attent or lead meetings within their assigned geographical and/or material group responsibilities
- Support development and execution of appropriate regional /local sourcing strategies in support of Global strategies
- Development and / or roll-out of relevant procurement tools (benchmarking, templates, etc.) and relevant best practices
- Execution of contracts and ultimate owner of supplier relationships
- Delivery against financial targets
Primary Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Key statements which describe the major accountabilities or responsibilities and the expected end result, (Listed in order of importance, usually not more than 7-9).
- Describe the primary responsibilities of the position in order of importance and identify % of time spent on that responsibility: % of time:
Assist Regional Spend Area Manager with strategic planning and the execution of sourcing practices:
- Define requirements and templates for analytics and market intelligence support from the Sourcing Analyst Pool.
- Support the continous improvement and standardization of the strategic sourcing processes.
- Analyze spend baseline, Spend Area profile, and market insights to support development of Spend Area and supplier strategies.
- Support the development of Go-To-Market and negotiation strategies in alignment with the Regional Spend Area Manager and ensure proper documentation thereof.
- Coordinate with off-shore Sourcing Analyst Pool to provide support on sourcing events (e.g. bid event preparation, supplier communication package, negotiation decks).
- Perform supplier analysis including supplier screening, financials and capability assessments to support supplier selection process.
Execute end-to-end sourcing projects for less complex Spend Areas in alignment with the Regional Spend Area Manager:
- Manage the Procurement strategy implementation or sourcing execution for less complex Spend Areas.
- Perform supplier selection and fact-based negotiations, validated by the Regional Spend Area Manager.
- Provide support to regions and countries on a case-by-case basis to offset local or regional skills gaps (bring specific Spend Area or technical knowledge to key stakeholder meetings and negotiations).
- Build up knowledge repository and encourage active enhancement by Regional Spend Area Managers based on local experience.
Assist and drive stakeholder alignment:
- Support the Regional Spend Area Manager in the identification of the stakeholders in the initiation of the strategy development and sourcing execution projects.
- Actively engage with stakeholders as defined in alignment with the Spend Area Manager throughout the strategy development and sourcing execution process.
- Ensure that the input from the stakeholder is considered in the process.
- Prepare the stage gate documentation.
Responsible for regional productivity projects that ensure delivery against agreed financial targets:
- Identify potential and realize productivity/savings strategies and levers
- Obtain buy-in / endorsement from regional management and stakeholders for proposed initiatives
- Track project execution and report progress and achievements to Spend Area Manager.
- Execute initiatives within the areas of responsibility such as supplier performance evaluations, etc.
Propose sourcing solutions that streamline and optimize buying processes in line with overall sourcing strategies:
- Ensuring full compliance to Procurement Policy and procedures
- Ensure streamlined and timely process to execution in systems
- Responsible to develop & Maintain Spend area card sourcing for each GMCS with LPR support
Coordinate operational interfacing and interactions:
- Interface between the global Procurement organization and the product development, planning and supply teams in the regions or countries in alignment with the Global Spend Area Manager and the Regional Spend Area Manager.
- Provide insights on Procurement analytics and data to support the new product development cycle.
- Escalate issues to the Spend Area Manager or Spend Area Director.
Knowledge,Qualification, Skills, Experience and Language Requirements:
- Appropriate University Bachelor’s Degree
- MBA, Procurement Professional Qualification
- Strategic Sourcing and Negotiation
- Project Management and Communication
- Relationship Management
- People and Change Management
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in Procurement and Supply Chain
- Languages: Written English
Application Closing Date
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online