At CARE, we seek a world of hope, tolerance and social justice, where poverty has been overcome and people live with dignity and security.
This has been our vision since 1945, when we were founded to send lifesaving CARE Packages® to survivors of World War II. Today, CARE is a global leader in the movement to eradicate poverty. In 2016, CARE worked in 94 countries and reached 80 million people with an incredible range of life-saving programs. We also put women and girls at the center of our work because we know that we cannot overcome poverty until all people have equal rights and opportunities. We seek dynamic, innovative thinkers to further our mission. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us.
CARE is seeking a Food/Livelihood Security and Nutrition Sector Manager (FLS&N) who will provide technical leadership to CARE’s interventions in food and livelihood and nutrition sectors in Nigeria. The FLS&N Sector Manager will support and promote food security and livelihoods response through establishment of sector strategies, technical guidelines, and response mechanisms in collaboration with the other Sectors’ Managers to guide CARE Nigeria programming. The Sector Manager is expected to facilitate development of quality, gender-sensitive, accountable, and impact-focus interventions on livelihoods, food security, and Nutrition in Nigeria. This includes provision of technical advice, capacity building of staff and partners, as well as influencing policy and practice through research, analysis and advocacy and building resilience by linking to longer term programming. The position will be based in Maiduguri and report directly to the Program Director. The position will be for an initial six month with potential extension for long-term as CARE secures more donors’ funding.
- Information Gathering, Assessments, Analysis and Technical Guidance
- Strategy and Program Development
- Monitoring, evaluation, accountability and reporting
- Coordination, Representation, Advocacy and Learning
- Advanced university degree or equivalent in Agriculture or another relevant field
- 3-5 years of international experience in food security, agriculture, and livelihoods, including experience in emergency response and recovery following natural/manmade disasters
- Experience in assessment, program design & evaluation and technical training and support
- Demonstrated technical expertise in leading food and livelihood security and nutrition sectors
- Experience working with major international donors, particularly USAID, ECHO, and DFID
- Experience working in partnership with local organizations
- Excellent written, oral communication skills
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office)
- Proficient analytical skills that demonstrate an understanding of the current concepts, priorities, and issues in program monitoring, data collection and evaluation
- Fluency in English (local language skills an asset)
- Skills in technical proposal writing, designing and implementing food security programs
- Ability to communicate ideas in a culturally-sensitive manner and conducive to their practical application
To apply for this position, please visit our website at https://chp.tbe.taleo.net/chp02/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=CAREU…
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap, disability, marital status, or status as a veteran. If you’d like more information about your EEOrights as an applicant under the law, please click here.