Skillpool group: Downstream Supply Chain
Reference ID: 104644BR
General Position Definition:
The Logistics Deal Making Team Lead is responsible for negotiating and managing all Trading and Supply Logistics (except road transport), third Party Storage and Marine Asset Contracts. He/She will work in close collaboration with other interfaces in the Trading and Supply organization to ensure alignment of end-to-end objectives and integrated outcomes for the enterprise, whilst ensuring compliance with Shell Business Principles and HSSE standards.
Position description – Main accountability:
- The Logistics Deal Making Team Lead is responsible for managing the external commercial interface for all Trading and Supply Logistics (except road transport), Third Party Storage and Marine Asset Contracts.
- This role will manage two Logistics Implementers in terms of Human Resource responsibilities and development support.
- The incumbent is responsible for negotiating and managing the following contracts; Pipeline, Freight Rail, Time Chartered Vessel, Bunker Barges, Joint Bunkering Services (JBS) Richards Bay and Third Party Independent storage.
- In addition, he/she will provide oversight and support to the Logistics Implementers who manage the pipeline reconciliation, Surveying and Customs Clearing and Forwarding contracts.
- The Logistics Deal Making Team Lead will ensure a low possible cost base to meet the annual Accountable Opex (‘Handrail’) target.
- He/She is responsible for Freight Trading (space chartering) activities to support coastal shipping operations and Profit and Lost accountability for Freight Sales.
- The incumbent is required to develop negotiation strategies for the logistics contracts and execute change management to embed.
- He/She is responsible for effective contract management in line with the various compulsory frameworks as well as ensuring that HSSE, Product Quality (PQ), Outside Supply Point (OSP) Assurance and Maritime Assurance standards are met.
- The incumbent is required to support the Global Maritime Efficiency programme.
- He/She will represent Shell at the Joint Bunkering Services (JBS) Richards Bay Management Committee Forum.
- The role requires close collaboration with functions (Legal, HSSE, OSP Assurance, Contracts and Procurement (C&P), Finance, Tax, Maritime Assurance, Shipping Category Management) and business partners (Supply Operations, Product Optimization, Shell Freight Trading) to maximize Enterprise Value and drive Operational Excellence.
- The Logistics Deal Making Team Lead is required to build relationships and maintain strategic and tactical partnerships with Suppliers to enable supply chain robustness, create optionality and ultimately capture value generation and protection opportunities.
- He/She is responsible for Business Development working within cross business/functional teams to facilitate growth and effect continuous improvement initiatives within the Logistics Portfolio.
- The incumbent will ensure the proper HSSE oversight to avoid incidents and lead HSSE interventions when required.
- He/She will work with the Trading and Supply Transformation Manager to deliver key transformation initiatives within the Logistics Portfolio.
- The incumbent is responsible for the financial performance tracking of the logistics contracts and to ensure maintenance of the Deal Making Freight Trading book.
- 2 direct reports
- He/she is responsible for Freight Trading (space chartering) activities to support coastal shipping operations and P&L accountability for Freight Sales.