- Transsnet Asset Management Ltd
- Lagos, Nigeria
- Job openings
- Managing Director
Transsnet is a joint venture between NetEase Group (a world-leading Internet listed company in China) and Transsion Holdings Group (a global Intelligent Terminal Products, and mobile value-added service provider).
It focuses on all kinds of Internet fields and takes Internet finance, Internet music, short video, application market and online gaming as its main business. Its internet work products contain: Boomplay – Africa’s largest online music platform, Vskit – Africa’s second largest short video platform, PalmCredit, EasyBuy, Palmpay., Transsnet Asset Management and other outstanding Internet products that have already emerged in Africa. Transsnet is also one of the first Chinese Internet enterprises, leading African nativism internet road.
We are looking to employ an astute Managing Director who will be responsible for the performance of the company, to direct and control the Company’s operations, to give strategic guidance and direction to the Board to ensure that the Company achieves its mission and objectives.
• He/She will be responsible for driving the strategic objective of the asset management business in line with laid down policies and within regulatory framework,
• He/she will also be responsible for defining the investment policy statement and investment management standard operating manual.
• As leader of the team, the appointee will work with clients to develop appropriate financial & investment priorities, the risk management framework, and de-risking of portfolios, as appropriate.
• Supervise the business development team to ensure that investment portfolios are appropriately structured to meet client’s objective.
• He/She will be responsible for evaluating employee and portfolio performance.
• He/She will be actively involved in the development of business strategy, budget, standard operating manuals and policies including investment policy, guidelines, risk management framework, compliance framework and service level agreement.
• A first degree in Economics, Finance or related disciplines in an accredited institution, complemented by a Master’s Degree in Finance. ICAN, ACCA, CFA/CIS certification will also be added advantage.
• Fifteen (15) years post qualification experience in a leading financial services company, with at least eight 8 years being a top management executive.
• Previous experience managing a medium to large indigenous or multinational Assets Management Company will be useful.
• Knowledge of mutual funds and the derivatives markets, supported by strong Issuing house/ capital market experience
• Only a SEC Sponsored Individual needed to apply.
Apply for this Job